Sunday, April 1, 2007

chapter 12

For the most part this chapter is about grading scales and how they can be used. It gives the two biggest grading scales that teachers and schools use today. They are the 100 point scale and the 4 point scale. It gives an overview of each of these to types and how each one has its ups and downs.

I personally think that all schools should use the 100 point scale when grading students papers. My fellow group mates also agree with me, but we agree for different reasons. They find the 100 point scale to be better only in the sense that it is what most schools are using. I find it to be better in the sense that a higher number to me makes me feel better. I even asked other students if they would rather have a 100 point scale or a 4 point scale. They all said that they would rather have a 100 point scale based on the fact that that is how averages are figured. They also said that they likes it because it shows a bigger number and they would rather see that. They even said that they liked it because they are already accustomed to it. Overall, we like the 100 point scale better!

No comments: